Emerald was the 2013 Pantone Color of the Year. Pantone described the stone as “Lively. Radiant. Lush… A color of elegance and beauty that enhances our sense of well-being, balance, and harmony.” It is also the gemstone for spring, and twentieth and thirty-fifth wedding anniversaries.
It can be tricky to find jewelry and outfits that complement each other at the best of times, and we know that finding the perfect outfit to wear with your beautiful emerald jewelry is particularly tough.
Choose a black or white outfit, or a muted tone to wear with your emerald pieces. They will make the jewelry pop up and give you a brightened look.
Your Make up
If you are wearing makeup with your outfit, we recommend going with neutral or smokey colors as to not clash with your emerald jewelry. This will help the rich green of your emeralds sparkle next to your outfit, and this gem looks its best when it is not drowned out by other colors.
- Necklace - Go Classic with Layers of the diamond tennis necklace, with a hint of the brilliant Emerald.
- Bracelet - Draped in Emerald! Picture yourself wearing this gorgeous Emerald Bracelet in 18K.
- Earrings - The Enchanting Emerald Lotus Earrings are a scintillating addition to your collection.
- Ring - Make a Statement and stand out with this white gold 18K luxurious Emerald and Diamond Ring.
Buy Your Emerald Statement Makers Now.
Caring for Your Emeralds
As a rule, you should clean your emeralds a few times a year.
Some people take their jewelry to a professional to have it cleaned, but you can also take care of your emeralds at home. Just follow these instructions:
- Use a soft micro-fiber cloth to remove the oil and dirt accumulated on the emerald jewelry.
- Fill a bowl with lukewarm water and put some mild soap in it. Place the jewelry into the soap and water mixture.
- Use a soft toothbrush or a jewelry brush to clean off the jewelry. Be sure to use the brush to get into those hard-to-reach areas and clean them thoroughly.
- Fill a second bowl with lukewarm rinse water. Submerge the jewelry fully in it and check to make sure that no soapy residue is left on the emeralds.
- Dry the jewelry with a soft clean micro-fiber towel. Once the jewelry is dry, it is ready to be stored or worn again.
Do not use an ultrasonic cleaner on emerald jewelry.
Also, avoid using commercial jewelry cleaner on your emeralds.